Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that on the news today.... all you Ohio guys have the cheapest gas in the US. Lucky dogs!

·
Registered
43 Posts
$1.97 was reported the other night in Mason, Ohio. I saw $2.06 in another part of Cincinnati this afternoon. It is funny, there are still some places in town with $2.40 up. Go figure! Guess they have to clean the tanks out.

:shigrin

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.59 here in Vegas for cheapest...2.75 is average..

·
Registered
360 Posts
$2.09 here today for 87;2.19 for 89.Been filling up for last 2 wks,figured it woundn't go much lower.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I found gas stations in Chicago at $2.97 per gallon for 87 octane and since Chicago has the highest gas prices in the USA, people are dancing in the streets over this price...

For Chicago, this price of $2.97 a gallon is a steal!!!

Dave

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Between 2.39 and 2.49 here in Phoenix. Did you ever think you would be happy about 2.50 gas?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've heard of $2.25 in Houston,2.36 in Dallas and here in Denver its 2.75,why are we so special in Denver,Chicago,NYC,and L.A.? The oil companies have more control than the goverment does.

·
Registered
502 Posts
POCO said:
I've heard of $2.25 in Houston,2.36 in Dallas and here in Denver its 2.75,why are we so special in Denver,Chicago,NYC,and L.A.? The oil companies have more control than the goverment does.
Hmm...alternate theory: Less regulation in OH & TX regarding enviro fuel additives that cost additional $$ to refine/produce?

Politics aside, it's unrealistic to take the position that super-clean gas can be made at the same price as the good ol' regular stuff...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually Gas in DFW is now down to $2.18. I gassed up yesterday at Costco.

BTW, the 2005 energy bill did away with boutique gasoline blends except for one. A 10% Ethanol mixture has to be added for oxygenation. I guess ADM and alot of corn farmers wanted to make their coin on our backs.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I am in a suburb north of Dallas and paid $2.40 for 93 octaine.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Sgt Beavis said:
A 10% Ethanol mixture has to be added for oxygenation.
I want a N2O additive for oxygenation.

Consumer Reports [who said the Mustang GT is the most reliable car, made in America, with fewer reported problems than the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry], had some choice words for E85 (85% ethanol). Terrible gas mileage. Someone mentioned the Mustang will run on E85 but I doubt I will ever find out. E10 will be the farthest I will go.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Yeah go ahead and try to run your Mustang on E-85 and after you spend a few thousand to repair it let me know how it went:hihi:
$2.61 here in North San Diego Co.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
We had a couple of stations near me in Hampton, VA that got into a bidding war and gas there got down to $1.76/ gallon. Most places around me are at $2.17.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i just took a shower in gas, its sooo cheap in ohio

·
Registered
24 Posts
Politics and Gas Prices

Long story short; here in CT and NY, when you buy a gallon of gas, over $1 of it is local, state & federal taxes. Too many governmental subsidized programs in the NE (and the country as a whole). I'm tired of politicians w/ a bad combover and no link to reality (a r-e-a-l job) dipping their hands in our collective pockets and wanting us to believe that buying the world a Coke and singing goom-by-yah is our responsibility. Give OUR citizens who need it, a hand, not a hand out. I'm tired of the USA trying to save the world; all we get for it is a face full of s**t and less money in our pockets. Leave our money with us; I'm sure we can all figure out an appropriate way to get it into circulation and keep the economy moving without the help of politicians who love to tax, tax, tax! (Didn't a bunch of weird dudes around 200 years ago get really pissed at taxation w/o representation and start a revolution or something? Sounds vaguely familiar and still sounds like a good idea).

Thank you and have a nice day; I will now burn my soapbox; apologies to anyone out there who enjoys working until sometime in May before you actually earn money for you and not the government...;)

T

·
Registered
502 Posts
JetBlack said:
I want a N2O additive for oxygenation.
Yeah, heh heh...or maybe we should start lobbying for a nitromethane additive! 30-50 more horsepower! Bring back that Tiger In Your Tank ad campaign!! :bounce2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts