Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was wondering if u think i can go 10s in the quarter im gonna list everything done to may car..347 stoker 11:1 comp,185cc AFRs, crane cam .544 lift, edelbrock rpm 2 intake, 70mm throttel body, 30lbs injectors, 190lph fuel pump,1.6 rr, msd 6al, smog pump removal, hooker 1 3/4 inch long tube headers,3 inch mandral exhaust with flowmaster delta 40s,3:73 in the rear end for the frame and suspension i have had ladder bars installed and th torque boxes welded up m/t et streets 50/50 drag shocks and 90/10 strusts up front and i have removed various things to take away weight like back seat and such and if nessesary to hit 10s from a 75-200 shot of jusice but do u think i can hit 10s without the juice?? any replaies would be awsome thx

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
No roll cage?

What rearend and what axles?

I don't think you'll make it into the 10s without risking motor failure. The 5.0 block is gonna give up at anything over 500HP and you need better than that to reach your goal.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have instaled a stud girdle on the loser end of the motor to help strenthen it up and yes i no i will need a roleage but i dont have the funds for it right now as u can see my motor and everyhign else has busted my budget many times over lol i think with the nitrous i should be able to hit the 10s but id like to try to make tens N/A hopefuly ill have to see whats the track says in the summer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You Will Definatly Make It, I Mess With Mustangs All The Time, I Also Work At The Local Dragstrip On Weekends, I Know A Guy Witha 306 Turning 10.70's With Ease, And Ive Got A 308 Im Workin On And Will Break 10's Also, There Are Cars Running High 9's Low 10s Woth 347's Have Fun Man

·
Registered
88 Posts
Heres my 2 cents. It seems like everyone knows someone has run XXX time with XXX amount of mods, normally I hate that stuff, since everyones ride is different, its hard to find a baseline for your car and its mods. But this time I'll so the same............There is a guy here in my town with a coupe H/C/I, "drag" setup suspension, slicks and skinnies, etc etc, running a 12 flat, but personally I have never seen it run that. I know it is a GOOD running car though. I guess my point is that it it doesn't seem possible, with just the additional 45 cubes being the only real difference to set you into the 10's, i know there are other differences, a lot of little things i'm sure, but the big difference being the cubes...45 cubes=1 sec?????IDk man, its just hard to say there are soooooooo many little things that could add up.

I'm guessing mid 11's. But good luck man. Don't forget to let us know when it gets warm out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.