Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This really isn't a "kill" story, but it is kind of amusing. Yesterday I was cruising from Dallas to El Paso. I was just leaving Fort Wroth heading west on 30 when this '04 (I believe) Continental GT Bentley decides to make a run at me through traffic. I waited a bit long and let him get up beside me before punching it, so he initially pulled away. Not surprising considering the V12, 200+ MPH top end of that Bentley claims for the CGT, however he either started thinking about the price tag of his ride, or had never done any highway jousting, because once I caught up to him in traffic, I was able to out maneuver him and fairly well leave him in the dust. Obviously this wasn't due to the overwhelming power reserves of the V6, but It was kind of funny that some guy with a Bentley Continental GT would get all excited when seeing a Mustang and want to street race. :bouncer

Later that night, while passing through El Paso, some V8 Camero guy spotted me and wanted to have a go at the stop light. I got the hole shot, mostly by watching the light and by the time he got up to speed he had to shutdown for the next light and traffic. I looked over and waved and his girl friend gives me a big smile. :evillol: Mustangs rule!!! :thumbsup

Now I start wondering what a supercharger, headers and a good exhaust system would do, but my sweetie put the kibosh on that idea immediately so it looks like my days as Joe Streetracer are over. :shrug

Well, for the immediate future anyway... :winks

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Good job! But don't steal too many women ou there.....:evillol:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
nice, good to put em in their place.. not a bad looking stang either!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.