Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear..

Almost everyday this week I have had some tard with a truck want to run my Mustang..

Here is the list so far...
Big Yellow superbee Dodge
Paco in his lowered extended cab Silverado.. It had ground effects :grinroll:
Nissan Titan.. I don't know what he was thinking..
Some Chevy truck that would not leave my wife alone last week

All these drivers were very obnoxious about wanting to run.. Loud mufflers.. Zooming back in forth.. They are trying to find out if I have a v6 I guess;)...

I don't get this crap from Camaro and Challenger dudes.. We all wave and check out each other( I notice all the cool cars on the road since I bought the mustang)..

It must be a Texas thing that these dorks think their pickups are fast... We even got some dude in the neighborhood who takes his to the strip..I know this because he leaves the shoe polish on the window:eek:hknow all week and zooms up and down the streets all the time... Pretty dangerous fella.. The speed limit is 35 around here..

Well wish I had a good kill to list.. Too many trucks.. Maybe a Lighting will come along...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I don't know if this counts

I had a DaeWoo with a $200.00 muffler and Sub's thumping in it try to take me.LOL

Driving fast where children play and houses sit is a instant a$$ kicking in my book. I had a Habitual offender 20 something kid and I just watch his pattern and talked to my friends on the force.
Speed limit 25mph clocked at 50mph. In Ohio = on the spot suspension towed the car and off to jail. Anything over 20mph of posted speed limit. Last time I saw him his was walking.

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
440 Posts
Its funny you mention this because I "ran into" one of these guys at a local auto parts chain yesterday. He had a Dodge Ram with a Cummins Diesel turbocharged and was bragging how he can do a three block burnout with pictures of the burnout on his cell and how his truck has 1100 lbs torque yadda yadda. I was just yessing him to death to passify his bragging and said "wow thats a beast". The voice in my head said otherwise. The truck was this big ugly thing I would never even think of driving. Not a fan of big trucks unless they are Cats or John Deere's. I am sure he has some good power in that truck, however he made it seem like he was driving a Lambo. I would run him in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity. He would be surprised with the outcome..

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I know some guys want to see how their truck runs against fast cars or just want to see your car take off. funny thing, there are people that look at my Lightning and think it's just a truck. I don't have anyone look my way while i drive the Lightning, but thats cool.
I remember when i had my 95GT back in FL. Everyone from a family van to trucks to fast cars always tried me.
+1 about tards driving fast in residental areas. We have some here and it's pissing me off.

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
I was at an 1/8 mile strip last week. There were a bunch of guys with their pickups there.

My car was running 8.45 and a guy with a 6M 5.0 was running 8.3-8.5. He had an intake and a catback.

A guy in a rather stock looking Chevy Duramax diesel was running real consistant 6.2's. A guy with a not so stock looking lowered Dodge diesel was running high 5's.

A couple other plain looking dually diesels, Ford, Chevy and Dodge were running mid 7's to mid 8's.

A guy with a real stock looking Nissan Titan was running 8.4's all night. Nitrous, an intake, headers with a real quiet catback will do that. You would never have guessed that truck would match a 5.0.

You can make anything go fast. How deep are your pockets???

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
It's not just Texas, they're everywhere. They can be just as annoying as any ricer.You gotta try and deal with them as you would a ricer and ask yourself,"Is he really worth it". Just be careful some of those empty beer cans don't fly out the bed a damage your car.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I was at an 1/8 mile strip last week. There were a bunch of guys with their pickups there.

My car was running 8.45 and a guy with a 6M 5.0 was running 8.3-8.5. He had an intake and a catback.

A guy in a rather stock looking Chevy Duramax diesel was running real consistant 6.2's. A guy with a not so stock looking lowered Dodge diesel was running high 5's.

A couple other plain looking dually diesels, Ford, Chevy and Dodge were running mid 7's to mid 8's.

A guy with a real stock looking Nissan Titan was running 8.4's all night. Nitrous, an intake, headers with a real quiet catback will do that. You would never have guessed that truck would match a 5.0.

true statement right there. can never underestimate anyone now and days. but i feel ya about the trucks. i got taken on by a 454 chevy truck that i beat so bad that it seemed i beat him down the 1/4 mile by the 1/4 mile. good times.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must admit it is fun to pull on them.. Watch em hit it and still fly by.. This car is underestimated by people who have never been in one..

·
0 Posts
It all depends on where you're at and the truck in question.

I know of three pickups here that would give your car a run for your money, and at least two more that would just take it.

There's a guy down here that runs around in a ridiculously-stock-looking '02 Silverado 1/2-ton ext. cab that's been slammed and has wheels and tires from outside appearances. Under the hood it's running a 6.0, and under the bed it's got a massive turbo in place of the exhaust system. It doesn't sound any louder than your run of the mill pickup with a catback exhaust on it, but it runs 10s in the quarter and has a cage in it; not that you'd see the cage thanks to the ultra-dark tint. He drives it daily, bolts slicks on it at the strip.

There's another guy with a twin-turbocharged small-block powered Chevy LUV, but that truck's gone beyond the street now.

I used to tear up Mustang ass in my '75 Chevy with a warmed-over 400 small block with a built turbo 350 tranny and a 4.56:1 posi 12-bolt. Drag race it on Friday night, be hauling hay in the field with it on Saturday morning.

The funniest one is my friend with a 2002 F250 with about a foot of lift on it. He's got that 7.3 modded as hell and dyno-tuned. He'll tow his friend's racecar to the track, enter the truck too, then he'll launch that thing 4-High and spin all four tires through the 60' mark on his way to high 12-second slips, then tow his friend's racecar back home with it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My dad owns an 83 jeep cj7 (precursor to the wrangler) and that thing is lifted 4 inches with 35 inch tires on it. Its doesnt have cats so its reall loud. Sometimes when I line up to a fast car I'll hit the gas and it just roars, but its not cause I wanna race. **** that thing tops at 85! But I just wanna see the car next to me go! Or atleast rev back. So I gotta agree with 2oo5GT on that. Also, whenever I see a lightning, I always try to get it to haul a$$ but for whatever reason they just wont go.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I swear..

Almost everyday this week I have had some tard with a truck want to run my Mustang..

Here is the list so far...
Big Yellow superbee Dodge
Paco in his lowered extended cab Silverado.. It had ground effects :grinroll:
Nissan Titan.. I don't know what he was thinking..
Some Chevy truck that would not leave my wife alone last week

All these drivers were very obnoxious about wanting to run.. Loud mufflers.. Zooming back in forth.. They are trying to find out if I have a v6 I guess;)...

I don't get this crap from Camaro and Challenger dudes.. We all wave and check out each other( I notice all the cool cars on the road since I bought the mustang)..

It must be a Texas thing that these dorks think their pickups are fast... We even got some dude in the neighborhood who takes his to the strip..I know this because he leaves the shoe polish on the window:eek:hknow all week and zooms up and down the streets all the time... Pretty dangerous fella.. The speed limit is 35 around here..

Well wish I had a good kill to list.. Too many trucks.. Maybe a Lighting will come along...

I hope not for your sake... Stock they are 390hp... a simple pulley swap(first mod always) can take them over 500. Ive seen them with 700 on a stock tranny and they've made plenty of passes. Be careful what you wish for :smartass: But at the end of the say you're driving the sweet 5.0 and they still just have a truck lol.

·
Registered
806 Posts

yes i agreee. a new f 250 raced m the other night, he kept tailing me wantint to go so i said why not. i had a couple cars on him but was surprised he kept up like that. he had a different turbo on it and something else i cant remeber. for a big truck they have alot of potential. your pockets really dont have to be that deep to get a disel turning good numbers. My dad had a f250 and had a chip and some other minor things on it and it would get up an go.(not crazy fast but it was quick for a truck) alot of people under estimate the disel engine. i mean they can use propane as a power adder.

going off subject i DESTROYED a 69 camaro the other night, by mulitple bus lengths(like 10) lol :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope not for your sake... Stock they are 390hp... a simple pulley swap(first mod always) can take them over 500. Ive seen them with 700 on a stock tranny and they've made plenty of passes. Be careful what you wish for :smartass: But at the end of the say you're driving the sweet 5.0 and they still just have a truck lol.
500hp on a pulley swap?? That's a wild number... A 110hp pulley swap...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
500hp on a pulley swap?? That's a wild number... A 110hp pulley swap...
LOL, I call BS unless the pulley comes with 6 stickers. LOL:gringreen

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL, I call BS unless the pulley comes with 6 stickers. LOL:gringreen
Gotta watch out for those stickers.. Those are sometimes 50+hp each:laughlitt

·
Registered
806 Posts
Gotta watch out for those stickers.. Those are sometimes 50+hp each:laughlitt
what??? BRO BRO BRO, i just added a greddy sticker, aem intake sticker, and some other cool decals and it added at least 300 to the ground.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Guess you guys are just posting to get post count up or dont know much about lightnings. One of my best friends has one so I browse the lightning forums all the time. A 6# lower will put 420 to the ground after a dyno. Whats the drivetrain loss percent? about enough to make it 500. :strut

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I know some guys want to see how their truck runs against fast cars or just want to see your car take off. funny thing, there are people that look at my Lightning and think it's just a truck. I don't have anyone look my way while i drive the Lightning, but thats cool.
I remember when i had my 95GT back in FL. Everyone from a family van to trucks to fast cars always tried me.
+1 about tards driving fast in residental areas. We have some here and it's pissing me off.
Dude i hear you, everyone in florida wants to race, expecially when they see a teenager in what they think is a cobra, sometimes its just too funy who challenges you. As for tards in residential areas dont even get me started, Theres a 20 limit on a 2 lane road i take to school, its there cause a deaf kid lives on that street and its a majorly walked patch to a different school and tards do 80 or more down it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts