Ford Mustang Forum banner

Which tune do you prefer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I like my Sniper Special Forces. If I change something, I just come in here to my computer and make my own tune and load it up and take it out to the car. If I get Premium, I just make a tune for 91 or 93 octane. If I want to make the car shift firm or soft, I just make another tune. Don't have to email anybody or take my wallet out of my pocket. :happydance:

I also get to tune two cars with it for the price of one. One day I will sneak a performance tune on the wife's v6 and see if she notices. :gringreen

·
Registered
387 Posts
I voted "other". That "other" is VMP Tuning.

I had an American Muscle 93 octane tune on my car at first when I got a CAI and I hated it. I hated it so much that I only drove the car with that tune for 2 days. Car felt better and faster with the stock tune installed.

After I got my headers, I drove for a while with no tune until I had a chance to call AM and update it. I figured I'd give them another chance. I uploaded the tune and drove it for a whopping 5 miles to go pick up a friend before I reflashed back to stock in her driveway. The throttle response was absolutely horrible. I felt like I was driving my 4 cylinder instead of my V8. I went to pull out in traffic on a busy highway and damn near got hit because the car was so slow to respond. The shift points were erratic. There was no just locking into gear. It was like a slip into gear is the best way I can describe it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE American Muscle, but from my experience, they're not that great for tunes. Luckily, those tunes were free, so at least I didn't waste any money.

Needless to say, I did a lot of research and chose VMP Tuning because it is only about 2 hours away from me. I also have some friends who I trust that have gone to VMP/Justin for tunes and were very happy with them. My VMP tune is amazing on my Mustang. Instant throttle response, locking into gears, power that I can feel, and I can chirp the tires in 1st and 2nd gear, like I always read about people doing. Customer service is great, too. I'm definitely going to Justin when I need a dyno tune in the future and I'll keep going to him for my handheld tunes as well. His tune made my car feel the way it is supposed to feel and I couldn't be happier. :D

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I got my tunes from Brenspeed and of course I wasnt able to empty the fuel tank for the 91 race tune yet so I installed the 87 performance tune and HOLY############ , WOW what an amazing difference, I have an auto, I went from a sled to a Rocket I kid you not, smooth firm shifts, out of this world throttle response and just a WOW when I put my foot on the pedal this isnt the same car for sure, I cant wait to install my 91 tune, for those that want to wait to do a CIA & a tune DON'T ( what ever tuner you go with ), my Brenspeed tune is awesome, I am sorry I waited this long, instead of appearance mods I should have done this sooner, now this is what a Mustang GT should feel like !!!! :bigthumbsup Update to follow on the 91 tune.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,822 Posts

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
if they had it around back when this poll was started, there would be a lot of different votes. that tune is insane:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like the Brenspeed 93 tune a lot. But I am probably going to try out a Tillman tune.
Don't want to mess with Bama right now, read too many negatives about how long it's taking them to get them done and sent.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've got Brenspeed 93, Bama 93 TQ & 93 Race and now Tillman 93 All-Out & Tillman 93 Race.

I like the Tillman the best. Just all-around good from low to high RPM's

Have yet to try Tillman 93 Race, though.

·
Registered
368 Posts
That is interesting...i suppose once you have a tuner you can just buy the files from the different companies. Very cool.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I would choose Tillman Speed for my choice. I have their 93 Street Race tune and love it. I also have dealt with Evolution Performance who by the way EVERYONE SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM. Once i get my LT's i am thinking about trying VMP for a dyno tune vs a Canned tune from Tillman. I know CR knows his stangs, but i ultimately want to see if the dyno tune will actually give me a bit more power and if the drivability is any better(not saying drivability is bad with CR's tune, i love his tunes he has done for me):bigthumbsup

Can't wait for the headers!!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I got my tunes from Brenspeed and of course I wasnt able to empty the fuel tank for the 91 race tune yet so I installed the 87 performance tune and HOLY############ , WOW what an amazing difference, I have an auto, I went from a sled to a Rocket I kid you not, smooth firm shifts, out of this world throttle response and just a WOW when I put my foot on the pedal this isnt the same car for sure, I cant wait to install my 91 tune, for those that want to wait to do a CIA & a tune DON'T ( what ever tuner you go with ), my Brenspeed tune is awesome, I am sorry I waited this long, instead of appearance mods I should have done this sooner, now this is what a Mustang GT should feel like !!!! :bigthumbsup Update to follow on the 91 tune.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup
Update:: Well today I finally was able to empty my tank of 87 octane and install my new Brenspeed 91 race tune, WOW......................... HOLY HOLY S### I floored it and almost slid off the road in to the other lane, talk about a lot of extra power I didnt know I had here, smooth firm shifts and down right dig fast, not to shabby for for my auto, it is amazing this is the same car I had a week ago , talk about put you back in your seat , now I know what the head rests are for . I didnt know how much more fun it is to drive with all the extra giddy up it :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup Thanks Brenspeed !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Update:: Well today I finally was able to empty my tank of 87 octane and install my new Brenspeed 91 race tune, WOW......................... HOLY HOLY S### I floored it and almost slid off the road in to the other lane, talk about a lot of extra power I didnt know I had here, smooth firm shifts and down right dig fast, not to shabby for for my auto, it is amazing this is the same car I had a week ago , talk about put you back in your seat , now I know what the head rests are for . I didnt know how much more fun it is to drive with all the extra giddy up it :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup Thanks Brenspeed !!!!
Glad you love it, give us a call any time if you have any questions.

Message for everyone: By the way, we have done some restructuring, sorry if your past calls were unsatisfactory. If you have any questions please give us a call.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.