Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, since for some reason I can't upload pictures to my profile on AFM, I decided to start a thread to get opinion on the slight mods I just did. I'm mainly wondering if I need to take the Eagles logo off the rear window because I don't want it to take away from the car. Here's the before and after of the back and couple of videos i've posed on youtube. also any suggestions are welcomed.

YouTube - 2008 Bullitt with Boom Tubes exhaust
YouTube - 2008 Bullitt Boom Tubes exhaust rev and drive-off
before rear.jpg

after rear.JPG

and how do i get html turned on?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nice looking ride. If it were a Patriots logo I would say leave it on....LOL.

I don't really mind the logo but I think it would look better without it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The new Bullitt looks great! I don't know if Steve McQueen is an Eagles fan though. :heha:

Just a side note, I was watching the new "Race to Witch Mountain" with my kids last night. It was a so so movie until the last couple minutes. They got into a sweet looking original looking Bullitt. Sounded great. I had to get out the movie and watch the chase again after that. Ohhhh the classics. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
129 Posts
I second FuzzyDice, I'm a Patriots fan for life! :shigrin I'm not sure if my opinion belongs here with this being the 2005-2010 section, but I'd say you might consider taking off the Eagles window decal. Not because I'm not an Eagles fan, but I think the clean look of a Bullitt really sticks out. Adding any loud graphics onto the Bullitt slightly take away from the Bullitt look, and having that clean look is really something else. Man I would love to have an 08 Bullitt though, nice car.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Bullitts are flawless so I'd have nothing negative to say about yours. As for aesthetics, I'd lose the Eagles logo and the chrome tail light bezel. I'd want my car to look stock/near stock.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure if my opinion belongs here with this being the 2005-2010 section
you're opinion definitely belongs here, no matter what year you own. i'm really second guessing the eagles logo now :sadcry:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Doh! I accidently refered to FuzzyDice instead of nsspartan77. Sorry! Must be the insane amount of sugar and the spiked jello eggs. LMAO!!! :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
id lose the dealership logo, the eagles thing and the chrome taillight trim...adding all the exterior goodies kind of takes away from the clean look the bullitt is meant to have.

otherwise its a nice stang!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Lose the dealership logo and chrome tailights trim. Nohthing wrong with the eagles sticker is fine. Not an eagles fan but it's ok to represent. I have a chargers license plate frame.

·
Registered
680 Posts
how do i remove the dealer logo? i don't want to mess up my paint
use some sort of plastic, like a credit card or something, and pry from underneath. seems crude but at my dealership we occasionally exchange cars with dealers who put those stupid logos on and we always have to remove them. if theres any excess adhesive use naphthalene or some type of solvent. sounds scary but automotive clear coat is pretty durable.

·
Registered
680 Posts
A little fishing line will cut right through the adhesive. Clean up with Goo Gone or naptha.
or that. you always beat me to the punch stl :rollgrin:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I say, lose the Eagles logo, but even more importantly, lose that dealership logo. That is unless you're a big fan of that dealership, or they're paying you for advertising, otherwise get that thing offa there. I prefer the black taillight bezels rather than chrome on a Bullitt also, but that's just me. Have you registered at IMBOC.com yet? You'll find a lotta Bullitt specific info there.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i really appreciate the replies, i'm gonna work on getting the dealership logo off, i never really put much thought into it but it does need to go. the last mustang i bought from that dealership had this huge oval decal on there, so at least they've improved lol. i kind of like the chrome trim, think it adds to the 60's look, i'll have to sleep on takin them off, but the dealership logo is def gone.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Bullitt

LOSE the entire car and gift it to me.
I am 63, closer to the end, need one now much more than you do.

Richard.:needahand:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
ahaha sorry, i love your car... but am an Cowboys fan, but besides that i dont really like any decals on my car hehe

i love those green bullits and they are a lot like the eagles color arent they?/

but the car sounds really nice,

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.