Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Yukon Gears in their mustang? I am either putting 3.73's or 3.90's in my car this winter and I was told to get everything through Randy's Ring & Pinion. They only sell Yukon Gears though. Also is it extremely difficult to install gears and set them up right with the proper backlash? Is it something a mechanically inclined 17 year could do? I plan on getting a book or video that goes into detail explaining the process but i'm not sure how hard it is.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
a ring and pinion is best done on a lift, and i would get it done professionally if i were you. tightening the pinion nut and crushing the crush sleeve can get real tricky if you are on jack stands. i used a 24 inch breaker bar to tighten up the pinion nut, and i dont see how you are goin to get it as tight as it needs to be , on the ground unless you are superman.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have acess to a lift if I really need it but I think that I am going to pull the whole rear end and put it on saw horses or something to work on it. I can get any of the speacilty tools that I would need. My question is though if its something that I could do over winter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.