Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to Mountasia.. why do i feel like your wasting time here?

Did I miss something?

·
Banned
12,344 Posts
what? That ZO6 had you by 1/2 the track...save up for some mods

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
For your sake the rear view mirror blocked out the majority of the Vette spanking you.

Hope you have a lot of money saved up to have a shot at killing a Z06.

·
Registered
86 Posts
:nono:now just imagine if that was a zr1..what were u thinking

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
needs: a shifter and a driver mod lol

did you miss 2nd and 3rd gear? why is there 2 big clunks between each shift? double clutching like a tarctor-trailer, or? haha

congrats on going to the track and not being an idiot on the street. thumbs up for that :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First time drag racing! The clunking noises was the rear upper control arm bushings that were completely gone! Im building a 347 stroker with all forged internals to take on the Z06 next summer. Shifting has been getting alot better since then!:winks

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had a C6 Z06 that I sold back in April. I now have 2 Fox in the garage instead. Driving that Z06 was like driving a really fast Lexus.

:sleeping:

·
Registered
79 Posts
can you say SPANKED ...

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
The clunking noises was the rear upper control arm bushings that were completely gone! ..........Shifting has been getting alot better since then!:winks

so you're still driving it around like that? and you went to the track like that?????:nono:

·
Registered
74 Posts
dont let them get you down it takes alot to kill a z06 in a fox its about the fun he payed 60k you payed 4k and still could see his tail lights im sure a couple of thease guys thats posted have been whipped by a vette including me we just didnt video and post it on your control arms thats not good bro im in the lane next to you and that arm brakes you fly over and hit my car well.......you know i blame this on poor tech inspecting thease tech guys get your paper draw a number and say next they need to do their jobs could save a life we need safety so we are able to do this sport in the future

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well that wasn't that surprising. If you built a halfway decent 347 and got the fox's weight down to about ~3100lbs (which seems like a lot of people manage to do that) You'd be at about the same power & weight of the z06 so that'd make a very interesting race.

Keep in mind the z06 has a trans geared specifically for going from 0-60 and one of the corvette mags did a test and a stock 2004 z06 ran 11.9

·
Registered
13,040 Posts
I am not even sure what to say :headscratch:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts