Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took a major leap and installed Richmond 4:10 gears and the ZEX Wet NOS System on my 4.0. Gawd, does this car kick ass!! For me this a fun thing and only hope I can restrain myself from hitting the switch often - but it DOES feel good. I'm using the 75HP jets to start and maybe that's enough for now although I do want to try the 100HP shot after I have another Dyno Tune. Beside, my installer and I had are both cautious types and that is OK. If I am on par with others with the same mods, I should see around 240 - 260 RWHP and about 345 - 360 RWTQ. BTW, adjusting the speedo to the 4:10 was a snap with the XCAL2.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
rgensemer said:
Yesterday I took a major leap and installed Richmond 4:10 gears and the ZEX Wet NOS System on my 4.0. Gawd, does this car kick ass!! For me this a fun thing and only hope I can restrain myself from hitting the switch often - but it DOES feel good. I'm using the 75HP jets to start and maybe that's enough for now although I do want to try the 100HP shot after I have another Dyno Tune. Beside, my installer and I had are both cautious types and that is OK. If I am on par with others with the same mods, I should see around 240 - 260 RWHP and about 345 - 360 RWTQ. BTW, adjusting the speedo to the 4:10 was a snap with the XCAL2.
VERY VERY COOL!!!! Welcome to Club Zex!!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. No, no strobe purge. That's an option for later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How are you using the nitrous? Do you activate it and then just puch it, or do you punch it and wait until you are above the 2500 rpm limit then turn it on? I want to do the same on my 06 V6 but have many questions. I hear not to use it at low rpm's, only above 2500 rpm. Can you please explain to me how you have yours setup? Thanks !

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rbomar said:
How are you using the nitrous? Do you activate it and then just puch it, or do you punch it and wait until you are above the 2500 rpm limit then turn it on? I want to do the same on my 06 V6 but have many questions. I hear not to use it at low rpm's, only above 2500 rpm. Can you please explain to me how you have yours setup? Thanks !
The NOS is gone. When I had it, I nailed it an hit the switch at around 2000 RPM. If I sprayed sooner or at launch I had too much wheel spin at wide open throttle. The ZEX operates in conjunction with the TPS switch and doesn't kick in until it senses wide open thottle so if you go from a roll with the system activitated - no sweat.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The NOS is gone. When I had it, I nailed it an hit the switch at around 2000 RPM. If I sprayed sooner or at launch I had too much wheel spin at wide open throttle. The ZEX operates in conjunction with the TPS switch and doesn't kick in until it senses wide open thottle so if you go from a roll with the system activitated - no sweat.
Why is it gone?!?! :happyhapp
That might be my next mod after the wheels.

·
Registered
558 Posts
You quoted me, does that mean your talking about me saying that or rgensemer? :headscratch:

·
Registered
558 Posts
oh, and I can't imagine what kind of difference there is between driving an almost stock car to 4.10s a tlock and nitrous!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
well, i was taking about rgensemer, but i guess eveyone says that at some point or another,lol.....its so hard though to stick by that :happyhapp

·
Registered
558 Posts
well, i was taking about rgensemer, but i guess eveyone says that at some point or another,lol.....its so hard though to stick by that :happyhapp
haha thats so true. I keep telling myself I will take a semi long break between mods lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
oh, and I can't imagine what kind of difference there is between driving an almost stock car to 4.10s a tlock and nitrous!
It is more fun than going downhill in a rollercoaster as the scenery blurs around you. :D :bigthumbsupIt gets more fun as you drive more powerful and 'scary' cars...which I do.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
do you have a window switch? it will def keep you from accidentally spraying when you launch, usually guys set it to around 2500 - 3000rpms. If you spray too soon you can cause some serious problems.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Somebody dug this thread up.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why is it gone?!?! :happyhapp
That might be my next mod after the wheels.
A friend of mine did the same thing (NOS) around the same time and he blew an engine. That spooked me and I pulled the system and sold it on ebay. It was fun, but not worth the risk for me.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Did he tell you how he did it? Maybe too big of a shot or no window switch? People destroy their cars all the time running too much psi on a turbo or S/C.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did he tell you how he did it? Maybe too big of a shot or no window switch? People destroy their cars all the time running too much psi on a turbo or S/C.
He was on the 1/4 mile, running with the same mods as me, (4:10's, tune, CAI, exhaust, etc.) pulling a 100 shot and blew it up during his launch.

·
Registered
558 Posts
so i take it he didn't have a window switch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.