Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm looking at buying a nitrous kit from a guy in town. It was on his supra. Its the universal 4-6 cyl kit. Just wondering if it will work on my 99 cobra. He said it will and so does my brother. Also whats the difference between the 4-6 cyl kit and the v8 kit? Will I need to get a custom dyno tune if it's just a 75 shot? And for the mounting hardware would a local hardware store be fine or can I order it online?

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
usually the difference is the lower HP jets. It should still tap off your TPS for WOT to activate it, so it should work. Depends on what you need as in hardware but you can order those parts from zex auth sellers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K thanks. Would I need new spark plugs too? I just have the stock ones right now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay so I was looking on the Zex website and for the 4-6 cyl kit (the one im looking at buying) it says for the 75 shot it uses the 40 nitrous and 21 fuel jets and to retard ignition 4 degrees. But on the 99-04 mustang kit it says use the 40 nitrous and 26 fuel jets with 0 degree retarded. Am I going to have to buy new jets that the mustang kit uses or will the 21 work? Also which timing do I go by, either the 0 degree from the mustang kit or the 4 degree form the 4-6 cyl kit i might be getting? TIA

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
If I was you I'd call Zex and talk to them, no use risking a blown engine on bad info

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I would use the one for the 21/40, the fuel is bigger for the V8, so no real worries. Also you don't have to retard the timing for the 75 shot. I would still get a dyno to see what your AF ratio looks like since all cars are different. Zex is more on the safe side anyways. I would def gap your plugs down a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts