Ford Mustang Forum banner

ZEX anyone?

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  wnewport 
#1 ·
ZEX NITROUS SYSTEM......Who has installed one. Any ideas or information about your installation would be most welcome.

I would like to hear from those who have installed one. I know where the Web site is. :winks

#2 ·
i consider nos as cheating. its to ricey for me .its just CHEAP

say you have a 11 second 05 GT with nos who cares its not REAL american muscle muscle.
you notice in the fast in the furious how they all are running nos on their little ricers.

#3 ·
onefastv6 said:

say you have a 11 second 05 GT with nos who cares its not REAL american muscle muscle.
you notice in the fast in the furious how they all are running nos on their little ricers.
Well then, I guess the infamous 'Eleanor' isn't REAL american muscle:cool: . Personally, I wouldn't do it to my motor. I don't see it as cheating though. My car is a daily driver and my main transportation. If I had a toy that I built and was just for fun, I might put a bottle on it for the extra kick:winks .

#4 ·
05SilverBullitt said:
Well then, I guess the infamous 'Eleanor' isn't REAL american muscle.

I AGREE WITH YOU ELANORA WASNT PURE AMERICAN MUSCLE:madas:

#5 ·
GONE IN 60 SECONDS MUST BE BY THE MAKER OF 2 FAST TO FURIOUS:eek:

#6 ·
I had a ZEX NOS system on my previous car. Although it was pretty cool having another 75 HP when you wanted it NOS itself was a pain in the butt. I thought the quality of the ZEX system was pretty good, and it installed fairly easy, but NOS over-complicated things. I eventually installed an electric bottle opener because it was a pain having to get out of the car and open up the NOS tank (it was in the trunk). Then I needed a tank gage to make sure I had the proper pressure. Then I installed a purge kit to make sure the lines were properly purged when I wanted to use the system. And then it seemed like I was always running out of NOS when I wanted to use it so it was off to the local speed shop to get the tank refilled. If I installed a system like this again I would go with a two tank system. Anywise, that's my 2 cents worth. But again, it was cool having that extra 75 HP when one wanted it.

#7 ·
onefastv6 said:
05SilverBullitt said:
Well then, I guess the infamous 'Eleanor' isn't REAL american muscle.

I AGREE WITH YOU ELANORA WASNT PURE AMERICAN MUSCLE:madas:
:so I never said I didn't think that car was! That car is CLASSIC, REAL american muscle (and most will agree with me). I was just pointing out that according to your reasoning, it wasn't. I don't agree with your original statement about NOS making a car less of a musclecar. BTW, do you consider your V6 real american muscle? Sorry, I don't. To tell you the truth, I don't understand why anyone would buy a V6 mustang other than to pull the engine and replace it with a V8. Don't mean to offend, but, that is my honest opinion on the matter. :drink:

#8 ·
onefastv6 said:

#1. If I had an 11 second car Iwould care.
#2. The little ricers were running 4&6 bangers...
they had to run nos.

#3. Even with out the nos, just with the modifications I have made to my GT I am running 13.2 seconds. Add with the NOS a a few more mods...
Who knows maybe high 11's.

#4. The 2005 Mustang GT with a V8 IS a real American Muscule Car.

#5. You wrote ."Any suggestion to my my V6 faster...."

Like the man said.. Pull out the V6 and put in a V8. OR
add some NOS.

#6. When you get beat in a race..... it doesn't matter if it was powered by
Japanese Rice, Greman Beer, Italian Wine or American Muscle.
You've still been beat.

G
#9 ·
I've never hit the "juice" before so I can't tell anyone the joy of the boost. I think all is fair in war and love and street racing. I don't hate on the NOS guys. It's just not for me. I don't want to have to monitor another BBQ. I have one on my back deck and when the propane runs out, I have a backup. I guess I agree with the NOS ex-user, you'd need 2 tanks.

It's cheaper than a S/C I guess but you can grenade an engine as easy or easier with a n00b setup I hear.

#10 ·
its a v6 dumb fck

incase you didnt notice it sais making my V6 faster would be nice A$$ FCK:madas: :hihi:

add some NOS.
[/QUOTE]
USE NOS AND (UR A *****):strut

#11 ·
I was there for the MD install for 5.0. Pretty straight forward, easy to read manual. Great looking kit! I'd say well worth just under 1000 bucks if it's your cup of tea.

Gave exactly the power they said at the different boosts. Custome tune recommended. Ran a 13.1 with the ZEX system, bone stock otherwise, even stock wheels.

#13 ·
onefastv6 said:

incase you didnt notice it sais making my V6 faster would be nice A$$ FCK:madas: :hihi:
add some NOS.
USE NOS AND (UR A *****):strut[/QUOTE

An A$$ FCKING is what you GOT when you bought a 4000 pound car with a V6.

An A$$ KICKING is what you WILL get when you run against a V8 GT.

Now, do you want to keep going with the teenage,pimle face,mommas boy, more balls than brains,
little d*cked,can't spell any better than a third world eight year old retard, name calling. Or do you want to grow up and talk about cars? You pick!

#14 ·
INTRUDER said:
USE NOS AND (UR A *****):strut[/QUOTE

An A$$ FCKING is what you GOT when you bought a 4000 pound car with a V6.
no im sorry but im pretty sure that the car ways somewhere around 3300 pounds:strut you gotta read up on your facts:gringreen

#15 ·
now thats car talk:evilchuck :gringreen yep

#18 ·
I don't understand why someone that was opposed to nitrous would even enter this thread. :thumbdown If you don't like it, keep it to yourself. On the other hand, not everyone is able to afford a GT. My wife drives our Gt and I drive an Explorer. We are looking into getting a 3rd vehicle and she was either interested in another Mustang or an F-250 Amarillo. She was interested in a convertable and thought it wasn't necessary to get another GT. My point is, some get V6's because of practical reasons, beit gas, a lot of mileage, lack of means, etc. No need to bash a V6 owner. No need someone for being involved in a nitrous thread that has no interest in it, the means to even have one or if they don't race. I'm very interested in the Zex system and am looking into the tuning aspect of it. What I don't like is having to read through BS looking for good info.

#20 ·
nonsensez9 said:
I wouldn't mind hearing from someone who has experience with ZEX, NOS, and/or any other nitrous kit and how they compare for install, maintenance, performance, and ease of use.
Instal was pretty straight fwd. You can do it with 'normal @ home' tools. It took professionals almost half a day but that was a photo shoot... maybe 5-6 hours for a nice looking instal for you and a buddy, less if you just 'throw it in there'...??

Maintenance is almost none except you gotta keep that bottle filled up (one of the reasons I don't want it.) Other than that you just check for leaks which you have pressure gauges for...

Ease of use, well it's easy! If the system is on it opens up at full open throttle adding 75 RWHP to the top (if you play it safe, you can have more!)!

Performance was EXACTLY what the manufacorer suggested. This is impressive because it NEVER happends like that! As I think I said above; bone stock car (including wheels) with ZEX ran a 13.1 as best.

Hope that helps!?! If I wasn't against NOS (for various reasons) I'd get it, easily the best bang for the buck! And don't forget to get a professional tune on a dyno with a data logger before trying it out!

#21 ·
Mw 50/ Gm 1

The idea that muscle can't run nitrous is just stupid. Nitrous is just a way to improve the volumetric efficiency of your engine. The Germans used it in their piston aircraft engines towards the end of World War 2, along with methanol- water injection. They had to use it- they coudn't get enough HP out of their engines with their low octane gasoline. Are those big 2000 HP V-12s not "German muscle" because of it? I think not.

#22 ·
Now THERE is someone that knows their aviation history...right on!!! And why'd we have higher octane avgas by 1940-ish? Principally for two reasons....Air Racing, and Jimmy Doolittle who besides being a great aviator was also a chemical engineer and did some worked for Shell.

I think it's safe to assume that Mr. Doolittle would tell us to quit arguin' and go FLY...or DRIVE......:)

Myself I'm not into it either but face it, this is an open thread on a Mustang forum and we all love our cars and want to read this stuff anyways. I'll be happy with my non-squeezed DB605 under the hood :winks

#23 ·
INTRUDER said:
ZEX NITROUS SYSTEM......Who has installed one. Any ideas or information about your installation would be most welcome.

I would like to hear from those who have installed one. I know where the Web site is. :winks
Same questions ? Anyone installed one yet?
Where , how did you run the lines .......Did you runn it with a COLD AIR INDUCTION?
These are the answer that I was interesed in.
Thanks

#24 ·
INTRUDER said:
Same questions ? Anyone installed one yet?
Where , how did you run the lines .......Did you runn it with a COLD AIR INDUCTION?
These are the answer that I was interesed in.
Thanks
Dude,

I thought I pretty much answered that...??

The lines went through the sill (just as the install manual will tell you), and the one I saw was with the stock air box... It will work fine with any air intake but easier with PVC as the nossle is installed in the intake tube... (and not at the heads/intake as often...)

#25 ·
V12

Stoopy said:
I'll be happy with my non-squeezed DB605 under the hood :winks
It was always my dream to build a car around a Merlin or Griffon. I suppose it would be mostly frame rails and gas tank. But the seat of the pants...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.