Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok Well I installed my zex kit for my 2005 gt that i bought brand new for 400 dollars. The kit was a universal kit for 4 and 6 cylinder engines( it comes with jets for 4 and 6 cyl motors). I ordered the jets for a 100 shot on a v8 and that handy fuel rail adapter and everything works great and feels even better! Anyway i got the car on the dyno and was very happy with the numbers but a bit stumped. My horsepower was at 310 to the wheels before and now its at 390. BUT, my torque went from 321 to the wheels to 502! Is it supposed to ad that much torque? My tuner said its working great and he was grinning after seeing the first pull on the spray. Any feedback would be great... in my gallery i have my latest dyno sheet. ( o yea i took out 2 degrees of timing and another 2 from 2000 to 4000RPMS because on the sheet its a bit lean in that range but its fixed now)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Congratulations sounds good. I am not sure on the numbers though. I know I had 454 and 422 tq but mine is a auto and I did not have a bottle heater then. I do not think my dyno guy had any idea what he was doing also. I know it dropped my ET more than a second. Ok were are the pics?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Thta torque is normal for 100 shot.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Yes the car does have a lot of torque , which is great.:happyhapp Sure your not missing it Blk? Just think of the buick.:gringreen

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Yes the car does have a lot of torque , which is great.:happyhapp Sure your not missing it Blk? Just think of the buick.:gringreen

Yeah... after driving that Buick, it now seems like a 10 second car, lol! My two daughters called it the PUICK!
Actually, a friend loaned it to me and it is an immaculate 1992 century, with 56,000 original miles.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
That's a good looking dyno chart. I'd give that tuner a thumbs up. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea goin from 321 to 501 tq does feels GREAT! i just followed zex's reccomendation on takin out 2 degrees for my 100 shot and besides that litle lean area (which i fixed) at 2000-4000 rpms it was dead on. It was actually easier to tune it with the 100 shot than tuning it with my intake and x pipe.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
yea goin from 321 to 501 tq does feels GREAT! i just followed zex's reccomendation on takin out 2 degrees for my 100 shot and besides that litle lean area (which i fixed) at 2000-4000 rpms it was dead on. It was actually easier to tune it with the 100 shot than tuning it with my intake and x pipe.

Yeah getting your base tune zeroed in is the most difficult. After that, it's just the simple logic of pulling 1 degree of timing for 25HP and rechecking your AFR. Actually that lean spot from 2-4K didn't look that bad to me. It will keep your plugs and tail pipes clean because those rpm's are your main driving rpm's anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.