Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need to know how to mount the bottle brackets supplied with Zex nitrous kit. I know that mounting them to a board of wood is illegal at the track so I must mount them differently. I know that I have to drill into the trunk, but I have a few questions... Where is the best spot in the trunk to mount the brackets? How would I bolt it together with the supplied nuts and bolts? Anyone who has installed a nitrous kit please help!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
720 Posts
When I installed mine, before my dad made me get rid of it. I tulled up the spare tire cover and mounted it horizontally at the front of the car. Also Ive seen it bo;ted to the side of the trunk, but on another vert. not a coupe.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Buy a couple self tapping screws, and put it into the trunk.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Buy a couple self tapping screws, and put it into the trunk.
THe problem is the spare tire cover is wood. Most tracks dont allow you to bolt it on a non stationary object. Most cases it has to be bolted down to the body, and have valve to release pressure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the help! I used some self tapping screws and it worked great!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Whered you manage to bolt it to? Just asking because it looks pretty sick bolted on the side of the trunk, plus, it makes mounting the pressure relief easier.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I mounted mine on the passanger side of the trunk.. Rear of the bottle facing rear of the vehicle, front of the bottle facing front of the vehicle.

Used (4) self tapping screws! And it was good to go.:bigthumbsup

Glad it worked out for you. Take some pics and show us your work!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well, my mods are done without him knowing. BECAUSE if he knew how much money I had int he car and little in the bank he'd be pissed. Which is understandable. All my mods are discovered after theyre installed and after theyve beeen broken in so I know they wont have a negative effect on my engine, which is andother thing he dosent want(My mustang is suppoused to last me through my last yr. of H.S and 4 of college). And well when he asked if we could take my car to Dallas I said it was okay, we went, got there, about to leave he decides this time he wants to out the stuff in the trunk:nono:. I opened the trunk hoping because it was all the way in the front he wouldnt see it, well, he did. As soon as I got home I had 2 choices
A.)Get my own insurance thus paying even more than $271/MO.
or
B.)Get rid of the bottle

SO I dumped the bottle for a new amp and subwoffer. Ill get the nitrous when I turn 18, and the expansion kit.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
did you get rid of the whole system or just the bottle?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well seeing as the system does no good without a bottle... And seeing as I could just stashed the bottle...I got rid of the entire system. Next year im gonna run 3 bottles but until them Im doing crazy(as in the moeny Ill be spending) mods to my engine. Bolt on's though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, first I want to thank everyone for the help... but I emailed Zex and they told me that self-tapping screws were not legal at the track!?! So I went back into the trunk removed the screws and drilled 4 5/16 inch holes for the bolts (supplied in the kit) to go through. It took me hours and a little bit of brainstorming, but I was able to get all 4 bolts bolted down. Now it is really secure!:bigthumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.