Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived today. It's sitting in the kitchen now but it'll be in the car soon. 175 extra ponies. Me thinks my 13.32 second GT is about to become a 12 second GT. Anyone think 11.99?

http://nutt.us/zex.jpg

5Twenty

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sweet.... Must give ya credit, that is too crazy for me.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
And the cool thing is the kit also fits the V6! LOL! Kit installed but waiting until Wednesay to really try it out... Going in for dyno tune and see how the 75HP shot does!

Here my install: My Zex

Good luck with your 175HP shot!!! Post your results!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Fryguy,

It's not as crazy as it used to be. In fact, some Ford dealers are offering this kit as a dealer installed option!! It adjustable from 75hp to 175hp so you can build up to that big shot of nitrous. See this Ford installed upgrade at www.nitrous475.com

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fishingjts said:
And the cool thing is the kit also fits the V6! LOL! Kit installed but waiting until Wednesay to really try it out... Going in for dyno tune and see how the 75HP shot does!

Here my install: My Zex

Good luck with your 175HP shot!!! Post your results!
Nice web site! I just finished reading the install manual and it seems freakishly easy. I have a C&L CAI that appears to be made of aluminum, can I tap aluminum?

·
Registered
622 Posts
does that 175 shot come with the custom tuning or do you have to go out on your own for it? Keep us posted. :worship

G

·
I saw the actual instl/ dyno testing on Spike TV back awhile ago.

I think the 2005 ZEX is a great looking setup, with the strobe light purge and the very thorough kit, it looks good.

I just don't want to keep thinking about filling up my bottle, I already have a bar-b-que tank I have to watch.

How many "racing" shots do you get out of a bottle?
Also, with some of us already with aftermarket tunes, I think extra tune work is warranted to get the ZEX married up to your particular tuner.
What did the ZEX come with for tune?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Got my bottle filled yesterday for $2.50 a pound... supposed to be good for (10) 1/4 mile runs at 75HP shot..

G

·
So how much total was that?

I guess it really doesn't sound that bad, I mean 10 shots is ok. How many street drags are you really going to hit boost with per week? Well maybe more often if you are a V6. :tongue

Did that come with a "tune" of sort to prevent detonation, the ultimate NOS grenade factor?
I recall you only want to hit it at WOT, how is the g-surge on this? :drool:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
R3dF1r3 said:
So how much total was that?

I guess it really doesn't sound that bad, I mean 10 shots is ok. How many street drags are you really going to hit boost with per week? Well maybe more often if you are a V6. :tongue

Did that come with a "tune" of sort to prevent detonation, the ultimate NOS grenade factor?
I recall you only want to hit it at WOT, how is the g-surge on this? :drool:
$25 to fill the 10 pound bottle that came with the kit.... The only time I really see me using it is a the track... I don't street race... besides i blow most people away at the lights WITHOUT the n2o... LOL! (the 4.10s help... LOL)

No tune... I'm having Lidio at Alternative Auto doing the custum tuning.. he is one of the TOP mustang guys! (www.alternativeauto.com) We put the car back to stock setting for spark.. and then pulled an extra couple of degrees to be EXTRA cautious... Going back in a week to further play around and possibly put in the 100HP jets...

Inital # from yesterday... 246RWHP and 321RWTQ... from a V6...LOL

G

·
fishingjts said:
$25 to fill the 10 pound bottle that came with the kit.... The only time I really see me using it is a the track... I don't street race... besides i blow most people away at the lights WITHOUT the n2o... LOL! (the 4.10s help... LOL)

No tune... I'm having Lidio at Alternative Auto doing the custum tuning.. he is one of the TOP mustang guys! (www.alternativeauto.com) We put the car back to stock setting for spark.. and then pulled an extra couple of degrees to be EXTRA cautious... Going back in a week to further play around and possibly put in the 100HP jets...

Inital # from yesterday... 246RWHP and 321RWTQ... from a V6...LOL
Those numbers look pretty nice.
Good job and have fun.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tempting, can you run this and a SC? I tend to lean toward overkill. When I kill. And to think I'm a meditation teacher.

G

·
theyogawarrior said:
Tempting, can you run this and a SC? I tend to lean toward overkill. When I kill. And to think I'm a meditation teacher.
Yes you can.
I saw a C5 Vette getting a Pro charger AND 100hp shot of NOS in a speed shop.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.