Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have done my research and decided on the ZEX system I leaning towards dry kit 75-125 kit. I will probably run 75 through it with 100 on 1/4 track. What do you guys recommend I buy with the kit? Links to a particular kit for a great deal? I will be installing myself is it pretty simple? Also all mods are in sig so the FP is stock as well as inj. Thank you for your help in advance!

G

·
I recommend go with the dry kit.....

you have made a goood choice with the Zex IMO one of the safest user friendly kit on the market.....

I would advise upgrading you fuel system with any n2o application....

and stay up on your tune......

Go with this one.....

ZEX_DRY_KIT

·
Registered
327 Posts
+1 with Reggie on the Dry Zex, especially if going a small shot like 75 or 100.

My preference is the Zex wet kit due to pretty much ensuring never having a lean condition. Further, you do not need additional components or adjustments in regards to fuel control. However, you might want to look at a timing retard if going anything bigger than a 100 shot down the road.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The dry is safer, the long runner upper intake doesn't lend itself to actual fuel going through it so it puddles, causing it to blow the intake should something ignite it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have suggestions for cooling? I am considering keeping stock radiator and throwing in electric fan? Any suggestions? On brands? Different way to go? Good the way it sits? I am planning on throwing on the zex dry now 125 at max very rarely but 75-100 5 times monthly. That is it until the motor is crying for new one because I bought a 331 short that I am building up now on the side! Oh also I am tinting the windows barely legal so that will cool down the car and add about 35 horsepower too right? Lol just kidding thought I would put some rice in there hehe!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more thing....

From research gathered I am gonna need to retard timing 5*? Hence 2 1/2 for every 50hp? How long should install take with purge kit, blowdown tube, switch , heater well kit with all accessories?

G

·
Does anyone have suggestions for cooling? I am considering keeping stock radiator and throwing in electric fan? Any suggestions? On brands? Different way to go? Good the way it sits? I am planning on throwing on the zex dry now 125 at max very rarely but 75-100 5 times monthly. That is it until the motor is crying for new one because I bought a 331 short that I am building up now on the side! Oh also I am tinting the windows barely legal so that will cool down the car and add about 35 horsepower too right? Lol just kidding thought I would put some rice in there hehe!
i would recommend going with a flexlite black magic fan.....

Ford Mustang 5.0 Electric Fan

From research gathered I am gonna need to retard timing 5*? Hence 2 1/2 for every 50hp? How long should install take with purge kit, blowdown tube, switch , heater well kit with all accessories?

5* retarding is IMO to much for a 100 shot

you also may choose to go one step colder on your plugs but not really necessary....

baseline to 2* retarding would be the acceptable parameters

with regard to installation i would give myself 4-6 hrs to complete.....
If you have any other questions just ask.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
baseline...

So by 2* from baseline I am assuming the stock specifications on the car granted it is set at stock from past owners since I havent messed with the timing yet. So CCW 2* from stock degree which is 10 I think??

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Most kits are figured on that stock timing of 10 degrees. For the 100 shot, set it to 8 degrees.

Me, I'd get the Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind. Then you manually set the timing for a naturally aspirated engine (14 degrees), then when the system is activated it'll back the timing down to 8 degrees and do it from the drivers seat. Then you won't have to do anything else but open the bottle and go. No hitting an annoying button because the nitrous is rpm activated with the Mastermind. If you're a nitrous junkie, you'll like the Mastermind. Then you can have both timing settings, because running it at 8 degrees is really sluggish especially when you consider just how little time you'll actually be on the nitrous.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very true I have never used the nitrous before so the more
control the better obviously I dont mind spending the extra bucks for reliability and usability! Thanks for all of the great info guys yall seem to always have the answers and extremely smart! Thanks again! Another question , since I have stock ignition cant I get some sort of adjustable timing from the drivers seat instead of jacobs?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The Jacobs has a timing retard built in too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.