Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been curious about zMax since seeing it advertised on 2 Guys Garage on Speed Channel. If you guys have any experience and/or recommendations I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I have six from 67 - 04 and four are Mustangs, And I put Z-Max in every other oil change. I've been using it since it came out, and the answer to your question is yes it works. I've torn down a couple of my engines for rebuilding, and to add a little more power. I've also been playing with these cars for over forty years, and when you tare one down and see how clean the parts are it's unreal the way this stuff works. There's a lot of products on the market that claim to do a lot for your drivetrain, but only a handfull that actually work and Z-Max is one of those products that really work, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
My first truck was a 95' Ranger. 4-banger. She ran good, but as she started to get older and have 170K+ Miles, she would run a little rough when she was cold. For about a minute after first start in sub-zero temps you could'nt drive it because the engine would stall when you started to turn the steering wheel while backing out of a driveway...Good truck, but I was 16. I drove it hard and raced it.....Don't get me wrong, I changed the oil and maintained it. but I was never affraid to redline it! :winks

I purchased some Z-max. I put it in, it took about 500-600 miles but I sware it made the engine run much better. Now when I would start it at zero degrees in the middle of the night, it would just run. I could drive off right away, although I would always give it 30 seconds to let the oil get a little warm.

Will I run it in my current vehicle? Nope. It's brand new, and i'll sell it before the engine would really benfit from it. But if I was going to keep the car for 150K+ then hell yes I would run Z-Max! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback fellas. I was thinking that if I started using zMax earlier in my cars life (22K) that it would benefit from it so I might do as ITLRUN says and add a bottle every other oil change after all it won't hurt anything.

Ciao :winks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.