·
Registered
24 Posts
Car:2011 Grabber Blue GT/CS
Forever a kid at heart

·
Registered
648 Posts
My wife says I will never grow up! I'm thinking that's a good thing.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I turn 50 in a few weeks and refuse to buy a foreign name plate. I know, if we don't buy foreign products, how are those countries suppose to be able to lend us more money? I was born an American, fought for America and I lost 2 uncles to the Japanese. My first car was a 1964 1/2 Mustang. I am an American (I'm even 1/4 Cherokee) and the Mustang is American as apple pie. You are NEVER too old!

·
Registered
379 Posts
My wife says I will never grow up! I'm thinking that's a good thing.
Good thinking!!!! I for one could never go through a mid-life crisis because I never grew up to begin with. I've been wearing white Converse (Chuck Taylors) with black shoe strings for nearly 40 years. Some things never change, and if I find myself wearing black socks with shorts, I'll sell my cars and hang it up!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well, let's ratchet up the age count a little more. I'll be 69 this month, and just ordered a new GT. Hopefully I'll get it before I'm 70!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am 70 and will order one in the near future. Can't decide between V6 or 5.0, stick or automatic. Of the 45 vehicles I have owned, 23 have been stick shift, but don't know if I want to have to shift all the time, even though I like to do a little autocross from time to time. At my age, one has to beware of the "too much fun" threshold.

Have owned Porsche, BMW, M/B. My '04 Mach 1 was more fun than any of those. Even had a 2000 Lincoln with manual trans (believe it or not) which was great fun to drive. Could stand up to any of the foregoing through the twisties. Traded it on the BMW. Big mistake.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't tell anyone but I too am 46. I have a Convertible on order. (to be built tomorrow. Woo-hoo). I wish I could have afforded one when I was 18.

I think any age is a good age.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I turned 47 yesterday and loving my 2011. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I had a '90 LX new and was looking through a magazine for parts at that time in my late 20's. A gentleman about 50 asked me if I thought he was too old because he really wanted one. I told him to get one.

I now feel like that guy some 20 years ago, but that is the great thing about a mustang. I believe it keeps you young no matter your age.

Is Carroll Shelby too old to Drive a Mustang. :violin I don't think so!
"That's how to do it son"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
If you think you are old at 46, maybe you should think about a Camyre or something similar..............

I am 61 and my 2011 GT replaced my 05 GT...........

Age can be a state of mind- get the Mustang and move on
into the rest of your life....IT WILL BE FUN !!!!

I don't think I'm "old", but in regards to the "Mustang" was the context I was referring to. Just like I can't go into some of these clothing stores that my tenage son goes into because the "styles" would not be appropriate for my age.

But in regards to the mustang, my eyes are wide open! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't think I'm "old", but in regards to the "Mustang" was the context I was referring to. Just like I can't go into some of these clothing stores that my tenage son goes into because the "styles" would not be appropriate for my age.

But in regards to the mustang, my eyes are wide open! :bigthumbsup
You go dude, there is nothing more refreshing than some teaching some idiot (they always start it) in a G37 or TL TypeS (first 2 that come to mind) a leason in American muscle. And that's with my 4.6, the 5.0 is in a whole different class and loaded still costs less.

Repeat several times daily "I am an American and therefore I will act like an American"

·
Registered
38 Posts
All the bases about age have been pretty much covered in this thread. Kudos to the older guys that refuse to grow old! Age is just a number; if you stay in shape and are fortunate enough to be in good health, then go for it! Pursue your dreams and maintain a youthful mental attitude and anything is possible, the sky is the limit!
I just turned 66 years young and belong to a select group of guys that share the need for extreme speed and performance, age be damned! We assault the pavement and canyon roads aboard the fastest production vehicle in existance, the Suzuki GSX1300R "Hayabusa". Out of the box, 9.7 @ close to 150MPH in the quarter, 186MPH top end (restriction limited).
Gonna order up a Performance White, 401A premium pkg, 3.73 diff. and Brembo pkg towards the end of summer, when hopefully all the bugs of a new production vehicle are sorted out.
So, if you think 46 is old, climb aboard for the first 30 seconds or so of the attached video and watch the speedo go from zero to 186 in about 18 seconds (professional rider, not me, but I have seen many 170MPH stints out here in the desert). :D

YouTube - Onboard the 2008 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
All the bases about age have been pretty much covered in this thread. Kudos to the older guys that refuse to grow old! Age is just a number; if you stay in shape and are fortunate enough to be in good health, then go for it! Pursue your dreams and maintain a youthful mental attitude and anything is possible, the sky is the limit!
I just turned 66 years young and belong to a select group of guys that share the need for extreme speed and performance, age be damned! We assault the pavement and canyon roads aboard the fastest production vehicle in existance, the Suzuki GSX1300R "Hayabusa". Out of the box, 9.7 @ close to 150MPH in the quarter, 186MPH top end (restriction limited).
Gonna order up a Performance White, 401A premium pkg, 3.73 diff. and Brembo pkg towards the end of summer, when hopefully all the bugs of a new production vehicle are sorted out.
So, if you think 46 is old, climb aboard for the first 30 seconds or so of the attached video and watch the speedo go from zero to 186 in about 18 seconds (professional rider, not me, but I have seen many 170MPH stints out here in the desert). :D

YouTube - Onboard the 2008 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I LOVE the Mustang look and was very excited about getting one...again, until I saw the numbers, and also thought about the several times I saw newer Mustangs, the drivers were twenty somethings, or early thirties for most part.

So my question is, on average, is the Mustang a "younger" persons car?
Something to consider here is what we in the sciences call "selection bias".

I think it's fair to say that your average 20-year-old is going to be more internet savvy than your average 70-year-old, and therefore more likely to log on to a forum and vote in this poll. It's very possible that there's a completely even distribution in Mustang owners' ages, and this youth-heavy distribution is just a function of computer literacy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Mustang crowd around here are all ages. I see mostly the older crowd cruising in their 2005+ verts with their baseball caps and trophy wives. The younger crowd mostly drive New Edges and older.
Something else to consider is that younger folks probably won't have as much expendable income as someone older.

A young person's Mustang is more likely to be their only car, while the older folks might only take their Mustangs out on the weekend and use something more "sensible" as a daily driver. As a result, you're more likely to see that younger person driving a Mustang than an older one, even if ownership is the same.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I'll be 50 in December. I sent out the security deposit today for my 5.0 GT. Get it?:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm 42 and this is my first brand new car EVER! So long second hand already used up car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My wife describes me as her teenage 64 year old husband. Does my heart good to read posts from the other guys who say the hell with age, I need that car. Just ordered a 2011 GT Premium, Kona blue, stick, 3.73, Comfort.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years! - Abe Lincoln

As a soon to be 69 year old I love the hell out of both my Mustangs. And I don't really car if someone thinks I'm too old to be driving one or not!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought my 2010 GB GT back in March. I love driving it. I drive it every chance I can. Even took the wife to the grocery store a couple times. With a old back I take my time getting in and out - no problems. I drove it to the Ford show at Carlisle, PA last Friday. Drove it home that night. Car is comfy and quite for the old side of me.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.