Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm 46, and getting my 7th Mustang GT. I'm not having a mid-life crisis - I just never grew up! :p

·
0 Posts
here is the answer that you need. I was out to dinner with some family, actually my nana's 75th. I go out side for a quick smoke and a phone call and i hear the roar that i know from a 1000 miles away. it was a mustang.

It had the shelby appearance package, but no supercharger :(. in the distance my jaw dropped and in my mind, im like this guy has to be in his 20's 30's. He pulls closer.. going quite fast. This 90 year old woman, or atleast she llooked comes out of the door, and opens the door of this mustang, i go... awwh thats sweet of her grandson, i see inside and its this 90 year old dude with no hair, driving a shelby in a 6 spd! ahhahahahahah it brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. a moment i'll never forget. i shout, rev the engine rev the engine! he revs, revs, REVS! he burns out onto the main road and he is gone.

the legacy of the 90 year old man and his pony :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bought my first Mustang in April. $23.900 for a 2007 black GT convertible on a large Ford dealership's showroom floor.
Has automatic trans, light gray leather, interior upgrade, 6,500 miles, 18's, I installed sequentials last week--nice mod!
I teach in an elementary school in SW Pennsylvania and the kids and staff just love my car!
She is my daily driver.
BTW, I'm 53 and can't wait for my next drive!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Top Down, now is the perfect time to buy the Mustang you want. I just bought my 2011 at 49. I figured that I needed to do it now because, at 6'7", I may not be able to get in and out of it for too many more years. My wife and I are on the "one car payment" plan. If I didn't get it now, it would be 8 years before my turn to get a car comes up again. I thought 57 would be pushing it after years of competitive basketball have taken a toll on my knees.

Bottom line, go for it. If you can't quite afford a 2011, Ford dealers in my area are highly discounting the 2010s.

PJ

·
Registered
163 Posts
Age has nothing to do with anything, do what makes you happy. Only one go around, no regrets.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
96 Posts
x2 ;) :cooldude:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm 61 and recently bought a 2001 cobra 500 hp--when i"m feeling old all i have to do is get in the stang and that feeling oes away--quick

·
Registered
257 Posts
You're only to old if it's to fast or to loud for you. As long as you want it, good enough. For what it's worth, I'm 40. I got my first one when I was mid 20's (67 coupe I restored), and my second one (01 GT) when I was 33, which I modded and rodded. As soon as I can afford a coyote, I will be shredding the tires and embarassing camaros every chance I get, not matter what my age!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll be 70 in 3 months, I'm waiting for my '11 GT vert. I'm trading my C6 Vette vert because it got too hard on my knees getting in and out. Traded my '03 GT vert for the Vette, and am anxious to be back in a Mustang again. Had hot cars all my life, my first car would probably have been a Mustang, but they were still 9 years away at that time.

Do what you feel like, age is irrelevent.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm 60 and own a fox mustang. wife is 60 and has her own mustang. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mustang Great for any age

I bought my first Mustang when I was 19. It was a 1966 Coupe with a 289 automatic, it was roughly 11 years old at the time. I have liked Mustangs ever since. Have owned 8 Mustangs total since and including my first. Currently enjoying the best one yet, my new 2011 GT automatic. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm 24 and have been wanting a Mustang since I was 7.

Finally got one with the new 5.0.

I'll be holding on to this car for a long time.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
62 here. I went for the base coupe with a 6 speed manual... it was a steal. I'm pleased and she's likely to be a bit faster than people think. 3:73s or 4:10s and tires will help her I suspect. :smoke: Also building a 450 hp 64 Fairlane Sport Coupe so I couldn't really justify a 5.0. Life isn't a dress rehearsal .. get it if you want it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Age has nothign to do with any car ... I'm 36 and looking into building a 33' Ford ... way out of my age bracket but I love the car ... I say if you want it then buy it. Hell my mother is 63 and she just bought a 1969 Corvette .. original 454, 4 spd ... She wanted it she bought it ... BUT WHAT YOU WANT AND DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT OTHERS SAY !!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm 52, I have just ordered a grabber blue GT premium, 6 speed, with Brenbo package.

My first Mustang was a 69 Mach 1 with a 390, that I purchased at 18 (yeah I wish I had that one back, I think I sold it for $2k)

My second was an 83 GT, which was soon modified and running in the 13s.

I'm just as excited about my new GT as I was with my first.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.